SAMSUNG 2016 55″ SMART LED 4K MODEL# UN55KS8000 *SPECIAL OFFER*
See your favourite movies in a whole new light with this 55″ Samsung KS8000 4K SUHD Smart TV. The 4K Ultra HD resolution of 3840 x 2160 is 4 times the resolution of Full HD 1080p, so you’ll see blades of grass and wisps of hair in razor-sharp detail. Connect the TV to your Wi-Fi network and enjoy instant access to apps like Netflix and YouTube.
Open a window, see the world
- The 55-inch, 4K Ultra HD screen on the KS8000 presents UHD content in mesmerizing, razor-sharp detail. With a native resolution of 3840 x 2160 (4 times that of 1080p), this TV will thrust you into the centre of all your favourite movies, TV shows, and live sporting events.
- Colours are bright and contrast is dynamic, thanks to the KS8000’s use of quantum dot technology and HDR1000, which work together to offer the best of both worlds. Quantum dot nano-crystals produce pure white light that allows for more accurate colours, while HDR1000 adds lifelike depth and nuance to things like creeping shadows and bleeding sunsets.
- Don’t say goodbye to your library of 1080p movies and TV shows either. The KS8000 uses an advanced picture engine to present 1080p content in a way that enhances the picture for optimal brightness, colour, and contrast.
- Motion Rate 240 lets you view every detail of action with an excellent level of motion clarity so when you’re watching the big game, you’ll see every breakaway, slap shot, and body check without ghosting or motion blur.
- The Ultra Black feature powers rich contrast full of deep, saturating blacks and bright, lifelike colours even when you’re watching TV in a well-lit room. That means lazy summer weekends can be spent binge-watching your favourite shows, even when the sun is slanting in from outside.
- The KS8000 runs on the open-source Tizen operating system, which provides an easy and intuitive interface to share content between the TV and compatible mobile devices, access an ever-growing library of popular apps, and even enjoy multi-screen viewing.
- The redesigned Smart Hub at the centre of the operating system means an endless stream of interactive content is just a simple button-press away. Once the TV is connected to your home Wi-Fi network you can instantly jump onto popular streaming services like YouTube, Netflix, Vimeo, and CinemaNow.
- You can also play a large library of cloud-based games without the use of a gaming console, check the local weather, or even browse your favourite social media networks and websites via the built-in web browser.
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi opens the door to a world of entertainment choices. Just connect to your home network and you’ll enjoy content from mobile devices, popular apps, and streaming services. With access to web-browsing and social media, it’s also a cinch to keep up with the latest news.
- The KS8000 also features 4 HDMI inputs, allowing you to connect an array of HD devices, such a gaming consoles, Blu-ray player, and cable box. Additionally, 3 USB ports let you plug in thumbsticks to share things like vacation photos and videos with friends.
- DLNA certification means you can share audio, video, and photos with other DLNA-certified devices across your home network. So go ahead, wirelessly send your awesome Instagram snaps from your smartphone to your TV and let everyone view them on the big screen.
Other features you’ll love
- Dolby Digital Plus creates a cinematic atmosphere with up to 7.1 discrete channels of hi-fi surround sound. Connect your own home theatre speakers and relive some absolute classics like Jurassic Park. When you hear that thunderous roar of the T-Rex, you’ll feel like you’re back watching it in theatres for the first time.
- The included Samsung Smart Control remote uses Bluetooth connectivity, making web browsing and app selection fluid and intuitive. You can scroll and move the on-screen cursor with the touchpad.